Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another lovely day (cough cough)

So yes we had a missionary tonight in service. He is from Pakistan and it was so awesome. Of course I'm partial to missionaries anyhow because I'm so incredibly interested in every aspect of their lives. I had a 24hr heart monitor put on today....I haven't been feeling well lately...please pray for me that everything will be okay. My group for my communications class must plan our symposium that we are presenting next month. We have to do it on a global issue that will continue to affect 7 generations. I really want to do it on domestic violence. We really need to start teaching kids about this as early on as elementary school. It's becoming such a big part of society and many people just aren't very schooled on the whole issue. Coming from a history of domestic violence in my family I know that some people in those situations just don't know how to leave and if they did where would they go? What would they do? It just breaks my heart that there are people out there living in such a dire situation yet they do not have enough strength to leave. I want to be their voice...

No comments: