Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jr camp

Wow!! Awesome awesome! I was out of my comfort zone 90% of the time but enjoyed almost every moment of it. At first I thought that maybe I should be with younger girls because my 14 and 15yr old girls were staring quite hard at me when they first met me.Attitude and disinterest was what I felt when I first met all of them. Sis Dearte and I talked though and I decided to wait it out and see how it went. Once we started talking though we all got along great! I had 13 girls and 2 beds had 2 girls in it.Yeah it was quite crowded and very messy. Every morning I had to tell them 3x if not more to go and make sure the room was clean before they went to morning devotion. As much work as it was I so loved it!! Those girls are going to break my heart. I just love young people. I really do. One of my girls in particular just really touched my heart. I just felt such a gentle spirit from her and an honest wanting to be right and to be a great young lady. The last night I prayed with her and told her some things that had been on my heart. I am excited to see her next year.So here's a shout out to dear Charity!! Not to brag but really I was a great counselor. Some of the girls from Gridley and then Marysville wanted me to switch and be their counselor. It was great...
Working in the snack bar was a lot of fun.I was able to meet tons of kids. Thanks Michael for hanging with me in there. Sis Dearte and I had a great time working together in there...ummm brown recluses,imagining things, Kev and Clinton etc..It was hilarious
I had so many great moments that I can't even begin to put them all on here. God really did some things in my own life while at camp and I know others were changed also.
I left with new friends and some young people on my heart. I cannot wait until next year!!

No comments: