Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A communication system

Communication is a vital part of surviving in this world yet I seem to have a huge deficit when it comes to communicating. The reasons are unknown to me. I have even thought about seeing a medical doctor for this. I have it all in my brain yet it will not come out and if/when it does it is not even remotely how I intended it to be. I figure I will save me the time and embarrassment of having a dr look at me like I am some kind of neurotic freak and deal with it by figuring out why I am like this.
Some quotes that I like but they are not quite there if you know what I mean
“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” -George Bernard Shaw

"When all other means of communication fail, try words."

“Communication is the real work of leadership” Nitin Nohria (leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act towards achieving a common goal)

“Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so is he." Publilius Syrus

I am also working on the area of critical thinking. At times I just say/think stuff without looking at all sides of the issue.A problem? Yes!

I found this on a website but I really liked it:
Everyone thinks; it is our nature to do so. But much of our thinking, left to itself, is biased, distorted, partial, uninformed or down-right prejudiced. Yet the quality of our life and that of what we produce, make, or build depends precisely on the quality of our thought. Shoddy thinking is costly, both in money and in quality of life. Excellence in thought, however, must be systematically cultivated.

"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates

Linda Elder requoted socrates and then added some of her own thoughts. "The unexamined life is not worth living, because they realize that many unexamined lives together result in an uncritical, unjust, dangerous world."

So everyone do your part for society, examine your thoughts and actions, PLEASE!

3 comments:

Sis K said...

Wow! very good!!!

Kevin Timothy Evans said...

Teachers pet! (Inside joke)

Sis K said...

Kevin Evans!!!!!!!! Leave Hollyanna alone!!!! Go get your own school work done!