Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Japan

I am thinking of going on a missions trip to Japan with AIM. They are going to Naha,OkinawaJapan in June of this next year. Bro Krantz actually showed a paper on it. I had a genuine interest in it at first glance but couldn't see how I could possible go on a missions trip. I am so incredibly shy when it comes to talking to those I don't know and obviously I wouldn't know anyone. I prayed about it today and I really feel like it's something I should pursue. God can help my nerves when the time comes. I just feel the need to give back what I have been given. I've been given love like nothing I have ever felt before. I want to give other people the same hope I got from simply being loved. I do not care that this trip isn't in Africa where my burden is very heavy because it is a step in the right direction. This could open doors I could have never imagined being open.
Bro Krantz spoke tonight on consecration and how we may not want to do somethings, but it is our business to serve God in the way that He wants. I have received the grace and mercy of God so it is my duty to do certain things. He expects that of us! I took 4 1/2 pages of notes tonight in service(i write big) and am super excited to study them tomorrow morn.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hy Holly,
I don't know if you remember me, but i met you at WCC. Well i found your blog and thought i would comment. I personally think a trip to Japan would be an awesome experience. You will have to take pictures and post them.
‘Caity’lyn Kimbley

Holly Genevieve said...

Caitlyn! Of course I remember you!!!!

Holly Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thats good. It's always nice to hear that someone remembers me. My eldest brother went on a trip to Brazil with YOM. He really enjoyed it. Would that be the same thing you plan on doing but going to Japan instead? hope you don't mind the question. I just think that would be an awesome experience.
‘Caity’lyn Kimbley

Holly Genevieve said...

Yes it's the same thing as far as I know. We go and help out the local missionaries etc. I am super excited. Hey! Email me sometime: iwillsurvive1986@yahoo.com

Sis K said...

Miss Hollyanna Genevieve...

Love your blog!! I just want you to know that I count it a GREAT honor to have you in my life. (Thank you Sarah for wanting to have dinner with the Krantz'!) I am so thankful for all that God is doing in your life and so excited that I get to see it take place! Holly...I am so proud of you, words cannot express the joy I feel when I see you walk thru the church doors! You are PRECIOUS!! Japan...a life changing experience for sure!!! Oh, by the way I love that buddy of yours...he's one cute little man!

We love ya!