Friday, July 10, 2009

Sec 7 camp

Hi all! I just got back from my one night at camp.I got there just in time to have some dinner and then it was pretty much church time. Bro Moore preached on 'the small things.' It was so beautiful to see kids crying in the altars.I love it! After church Kev and I helped pack up the snack bar.Well, actually Kev did most of the work I was just his cover for staying out past campers bedtime. Then I helped do security with Katie,Kadee and Kaitlyn.Yes, it was a big joke!!! All of us girls were just laughing and messing with the walkie talkies.Not much else went on. I ditched the girls pretty quick though and went to bed.
I met some great people,Katie,Sis Flowers and Leslie.Actually, Leslie is from Africa. She was born in England but grew up in Zimbabwe and South Africa. We were able to talk for 20min or so. She gave me some advice about going there and then requested that I come find her at Landmark next year. I had a great day/night. I am glad I went but am extra glad that I didn't stay longer than I did. I was itching to go home early Fri morning but everyone still had to do cleanup and the award handout! Needless to say I was happy when we got home to Oroville.

No comments: